Subject notes for Macq. LAWS1300
These notes include all lectures and readings from the required textbook Roderick Howe, Paul Sattler and Marissa Hood, Hayes & Eburn Criminal Law and Procedure in New South Wales (LexisNexis Butterworths, 6th ed, 2019) from weeks 1-13.
1. Introduction to criminal justice: what is crime?
2. Principles of criminal responsibility
3. Summary offences
4. Homicide: murder and voluntary manslaughter
5. Homicide: involuntary manslaughter; assault causing death
6. Defences: self-defence, duress
7. Defences: mental illness, intoxication
9. Property Offences
10. Sexual Assault
11. Drug Offences
12. Extended criminal liability
These notes are extremely extensive and detailed allowing me to achieve an overall mark of 80 for the semester.
Semester 2, 2020