Financial Services Law Notes
Subject notes for WSU 200271
These notes are very detailed and comprehensive and provides plain English explanations for all legal concepts pertaining to financial services law.
Notes are easy to read with various keys used to make it easy to scan through. For example, green represents a legislative reference whereas yellow represents a case discussion.
Topics covered in these notes include:
1. General definition of financial product
2. Disclosure regimes for securities
3. Disclosure regimes for other financial products
4. Managed investment schemes
5. Licencing regime for financial service providers
6. Licencing of financial markets
7. Market manipulation and insider trading
8. Clearing and settlement facilities
Semester 1, 2013