Commercial Law Notes
Subject notes for WSU 200014
These notes are very detailed and comprehensive and provides plain English explanations for all legal concepts pertaining to corporations law. Case law and legislation is discussed in detail, with significant focus on the Australian Consumer Law and the Sale of Goods Act 1923 (NSW).
Notes are easy to read with various keys used to make it easy to scan through. For example, green represents a legislative reference whereas yellow represents a case discussion.
Topics covered in these notes include:
1. Definitions of key terms in commercial law
2. Misleading and deceptive conduct
3. Remedies for misleading and deceptive conduct
4. Consumer guarantees for the supply of goods
5. Remedies against suppliers and manufacturers for non-compliance
6. Liability of manufacturers for goods with safety defects
7. Sale of goods
8. Nemo dat rule
12. Negotiable instruments
Semester 1, 2013