PHAR2821 Drug Discovery And Design B Notes
Subject notes for USYD PHAR2821
- Comprehensive and concise set of notes for all lecture material covered in PHAR2821 (2014)
- Written in point form, and includes neat graphs, tables and diagrams to facilitate understanding and memory
- Lecture content has been summarised and re-worded for ease of understanding and to clarify confusing concepts in the lecture slides - all the work has been done for you!
- Enabled me to obtain an HD for this subject
- Topics covered include: stereochemistry, Hansch analysis, 3D-QSAR, drug design, drug discovery process, structure-based drug design, mass spectrometry, NMR, strategies to identify metabolites, drug metabolites worked examples 1-4, drug metabolism (phases I and II), factors affecting metabolism, drug design to clinical application (ACE inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor antagonists, HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors)
- Note: does not include the separate mathematics (statistics) portion of this subject.
Semester 2, 2014