Genes, Genomics and Human Health lecture notes (Part 1)
Subject notes for WSU 300820
I had split these notes into 2 PARTS, because StudentVIP couldn't take it! This is part 1
These are the notes I personally wrote out each week after a lecture was given. I have scanned all the pages and made it into 1 PDF.
The notes include pictures from the lecture/textbook alongside the text to further help understand the concepts better. Took me hours upon hours to perfect the formatting into the way I wanted it to, and it's made it into the high quality notes that you see here.
Hope these are as much of help to you as they were to me!
Contents of THIS PART include:
- The Human Genome: The Human Genome Project and Genomics
- Mendelian Genetics, Recombination, Haplotypes and Linkage
- Human Genetics: Genetic Variation in Health and Disease
- The Genetic Analysis of Populations, Linkage Disequilibrium and Non-Mendelian (complex) Genetics
- The Genetic Analysis of Populations (Genome-Wide Association Studies)
Contents of PART II include:
- Sequencing the Human Genome, Next Generation Sequencing
- Cancer Genetics
- Gene Expression and Gene Expression Profiling
- Epigenetics, DNA Methylation, Imprinting and X-Inactivation
- Genetics of Ageing
Semester 1, 2015