H1 FULL DETAILED NEUROPHYS (NEUR30002) NOTES
Subject notes for UniMelb NEUR30002
These notes cover the whole Neurophysiology: Neurons & Circuits course, lectures 1-35. They comprehensively and clearly cover all lecture content, with images/diagrams to aid your understanding. Key points are bolded/in colour, making it easy to read.
These notes were formed from both lectures and recommended readings from textbooks, so they are very detailed.
Topics covered include:
- Membrane potential & action potentials
- Pre-synaptic & post-synaptic processes
- Mechanoreception, olfaction, gustation
- Measuring neuronal activity
- Enteric nervous system
- Mathematical modelling of neurons
- Autonomic nervous system
- Respiratory system: rhythm generation, network organisation, modulation of respiration
- Motivated behaviours
- Obesity & diabetes
Semester 1, 2020