MLL217 - Misleading Conduct and Economic Torts T2 2018 Notes
Subject notes for Deakin MLL217
Comprehensive MLL217 notes created during T2 of 2018. These notes include all the topics covered during the unit and show the case which delivered the rules. It does not include the case summaries.
The topics covered include:
- Misinformation Torts
- Key concepts of the ACL
- Prohibition of Misleading Conduct
- Exemptions from liability
- Specific prohibitions on False or Misleading representations
- Remedies for contravening ACL
- Liability for safety defects
- Torts protecting economic interests
These notes were a vital part of completing this unit. However, please do not fool yourself into thinking that a good set of notes will have you do well in the unit. The nature of this course is such that you need quality notes AND a deep understanding of them. A key component is to practice applying the material. If you do this, these notes will be invaluable to you. If you do not, no notes will ever be adequate.
Semester 2, 2018