H1 (87) - Corporate law notes - By topic for exam
Subject notes for UniMelb BLAW20001
Covers the entire course for the exam and relevant readings.
All key concepts have been summarised in tables (see sample for examples). Notes have been reordered in some cases and put together to make more sense.
1. Introduction to company law
2. Business planning; constituting companies
3. Decision making in companies
4. Member meetings and decision-making
5. Transacting by companies
6. Company directors’ and officers’ duties
7. Dividends; good faith and proper purpose
8. Duty to avoid conflicts of interest
9. Shares and capital management
10. Reporting and disclosure
11. Consequences of breach of duty and members’ remedies
Semester 1, 2018