Property Portfolio Management/Analysis Notes
Subject notes for WSU 200750
These 200750 notes provide an insight into property portfolio management. Included is detail of the broader issues outlined in the domestic and global REIT market.
There is a strong focus on the analysis of property investment, return, risk and valuation techniques.
Provided are several detailed workings and solutions in assessing property investment.
Topics outlined include:
1. Introduction to investment portfolio management and analysis;
2. Assessing property investment return & risk;
- risk/return ratio; and
- risk/return diagram.
3. Mixed-asset portfolio analysis;
4. Advanced property portfolio analysis;
- sharpe ratio;
- inflation hedging;
- treynor index;
- tracking error; and
- information ratio.
5. Valuation of A-REIT;
6. Indirect property investment vehicles;
7. International property investment vehicles;
8. Sovereign wealth funds; and
9. Property portfolio issues.
Semester 2, 2015