LAWS1141 Essay Brainstorms - HD MARK
Subject notes for UNSW LAWS1141
Structure: for/against arguments provided for potential essay topics across the entire course
- Political versus legal constitutionalism
- Was Australia legally independent at the time of Federation?
- Is Australia legally independent now?
- Representative and responsible government
- Parliamentary sovereignty
- Power of judicial review
- Role of State versus Commonwealth
- Utilizing treaties to overcome issues of issues of Indigenous sovereignty (Justice French)
- Action to equalise the status of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander First Nations people under the Constitution
- Changes elicited by the 1967 Referendum
- How can Australia operate by popular sovereignty, when Imperial rule underpinned our constitutional foundations?
- The strict constitutional interpretation of S 44 reinforces the dominance of legal constitutionalism in the Australian legal system.
Term 3, 2019
- LAWS1052 - Exam Summaries of Readings and Full Case Briefs - HD
- LAWS1061 Problem Question Scaffold - HD MARK
- LAWS1061 Exam Policy Essay Question Summary Notes - HD MARK
- LAWS1021 Final Exam Scaffolds - Offences and Police Powers - HD MARK
- LAWS1160 Full Reading Notes and Case Briefs - HD MARK
- Show more...