Our current total membership.
Refresh for a live update.
The percentage of tertiary students actively using StudentVIP services.
Pages served per year.
Annual unique visitors.
Advertise> About us
> For student organisations
Advertiser info pack:
StudentVIP is Australia's largest privacy-compliant university student membership community.
Our members are happy to engage with messages that are student-related and worthwhile.
Our members want to be "the first to know" about interesting and useful student stuff - they don't want spam.
There's two ways to usefully engage with our community:
1. Database eDM. Ask Jenny for an eDM ratecard, segment counts and email personalisation options.
2. Online banner and site-skinning. Ask Jenny for site stats, ad specs and online ratecard.
Opt-in membership stats:
- Current active opt-in membership: 401,000 (Oct 2012)
- Percentage of university student population: 36%
The StudentVIP philosophy:
Deliver meaningful utility to the Australian student community.
We have a loyal membership because we do real things that make student life better.
StudentVIP portal sites:
StudentVIP.com.au plus /talentpool /alerts /magazines
Additionally, the"Lost On Campus" App is a member service from StudentVIP.
The site was first launched in 2004, as TextbookExchange.com.au
Today, this is the world's biggest student-to-student textbook market, saving students over $7m per year.
January 2007: TextbookExchange was relaunched as the more comprehensive members-only portal, StudentVIP.com.au.
The site quickly became Australia's largest student portal and continues to enjoy double digit annual growth.
February 2010: TextbookRebate.com.au launched in conjunction with Co-op Bookshop, CBA, STA Travel, Fairfax, and Telstra.
As a result, opt-in StudentVIP membership increased by 20%.
February 2010: StudentVIP launched StudentInternships.com.au creating Australia's first national specialist intern site.
Again, a much needed useful service building member growth.
Our National Student Survey showed that huge numbers of students reported they were "lost on campus". Our solution - build the world's best campus maps!
In Feb 2012, the Lost On Campus App launched. It included a massive data set - 30,000 places geo-located and 40,000 photos - the work of a small army of 167 campus editors.
Within 6 months it had 45,000 users. 70% are first years. The app is part of StudentVIP.
In 2013, we expect the app will attract over 100,000 new users, and members to StudentVIP.
Watch this space!
Site stats for Studentvip.com.au:
- Average pages served pm: 1m
- Average UB's pm: 60,000
- Total UB's pm: 685,000
1. Neilson net ratings: StudentVIP doesn't appear to do much traffic when measured by Neilson net ratings etc. This is because our site is made up of multiple individual domains.
For example if you go the the textbookexchange area of studentvip- the url in your browser is no longer www.studentvip.com.au - instead it becomes www. textbookexchange.com.au. So Neilsen is only measuring a few sections of studentvip.
2. The membership number displayed on the top right of the site includes active and some non-active members. Non-active members don't get our email alerts, but can access the site. We sync the site access with the email database once a year.
Below is the graph for active opted-in membership of StudentVIP:
For an info pack, email Jenny: