Textbooks

We don't have any textbooks for this subject yet.

Why don't you be the first?
Sell your textbook for NEUR1001

We don't have any notes for this subject yet.

Why don't you list yours first?
Sell your notes for NEUR1001

Rachel

$25 per hour

Are you in need of a friendly, reliable and professional tutor? Stressed about that upcoming exam an...

Reviews

Not what I expected going into the unit as it focused largely on the art and music side of neuroscience. There were online activities every 2 weeks which were not too difficult as you didn't even need to watch the lectures to do them. The major assessment I found difficult as it had a creative section where you needed to make a metaphor for a neuroscience topic and the unit co-ordinators although lovely didn't really explain much surrounding the assessment. We did have a chance to talk about the major assessment in 2 sessions but because they were so early in the semester and I procrastinated starting the assessment I personally didn't gain anything from them.

Anonymous, Semester 2, 2019

This unit is kinda a mess. They did try to make it relevant and cool but there was no reason to go to the lectures and the Major Assignment, now worth 50% of the unit was really tricky. They expect a lot and give no guidance. There is a very easy 25% made up of literally reading some articles, but I really didn't learn anything from this. If you're interested in neuro, this is the wrong unit. But if you just want to have some fun and you're feeling super creative, then you'll have fun. Also, using a metaphor does not automatically mean you're being creative or artsy - although that's what the rubric seems to think.

Anonymous, Semester 2, 2019

A good and simple introduction to a broad range of neuroscience topics, without the expectations and pressure typical in core neuroscience units. Half the unit is from an alternative/ arts perspective, loosely paired (with a neuroscience topic) into weekly topics, which makes for a good light first year unit or broadening unit. As mentioned by others there is one major assessment, which makes up 70% of the unit marks - so, obviously, requires substantial effort to obtain a high score. The other 30% is made up of very small assessments, which are awarded full marks for completion. There is room for some improvements, mainly in the matching of topics - however, not unexpected from a new unit (2017).

Anonymous, Semester 2, 2017

Honestly it was such a let down. There was no structure and the topics of the lectures were all over the place. It was just a waste of time, unfortunately.

Anonymous, Semester 2, 2017

The unit relies all on one creative assignment. They say it is not about how creative you actually are but how you get the scientific information across, but they 110% marked on how creative and 'artsy' you are!

Anonymous, Semester 2, 2017