Consulting Toolkit Workshop
19 October, 2016
Club Collaborative Zone (above Guild Village)
180 Degrees Consulting (UWA)
Are you interested in becoming a 180 Degrees Consultant? What about a career in Consulting more generally?
Come down to our first Consulting Toolkit Workshop, equipping you with some of the key skills you need to be a 180 Consultant!
The workshop will be an exclusive event for less than 40 students, with over 8 mentors from top consulting firms across Australia. You will be grouped with 4 other students, and allocated a mentor for the evening who will provide you with advice and tips for improvement.
During the evening, you will be guided through a mock client case, focusing on 3 key areas:
1) Issue spotting and issue trees
2) Client interviews, including a mock client interview
3) Problem Solving and solution generation
Tickets are $10 for members, and places are limited. Grab your ticket now at: http://tdy.cl/e/xM04KOE.
Food and drinks will be provided throughout the night.
Confirmed mentors for the evening:
- Justine Winston Smith, Managing Director at PwC
- Simon Brown, Associate at Strategy&
- Jeffrey Effendi, Founder of DrawHistory
- Angel Director, Partnerships Director at DrawHistory
- Ben Gollow from Social Ventures Australia
- Tasheel Sidhu from Strategy&
- Chris Dun from Nous Group
- Nerissa Butt from PwC
We look forward to seeing you there!
1. The night will open with a brief presentation from our senior mentors on problem solving and client interviews
2. You will then be grouped with 4 other students and a mentor for the evening.
3. Session 1: Each group will be provided with information on a problem our mock client is facing - you will use this to develop a project charter with the help of your mentor
4. Session 2: You will then take this project charter into a mock client interview - attempting to extract as much information as possible from your client, to help guide your problem solving
5. Session 3: Work with your group and mentor to break down the client’s problem, producing an issue tree and synthesising your findings to a preliminary solution.
6. This will be followed by an opportunity to have a drink and chat with the mentors in an informal setting.