MedScope - Entrepreneurship and Innovation
6 October, 2016
Wesfarmers Lecture Theatre
Western Australia Medical Students Society (WAMSS)
Experience the full scope of what a medical degree can offer, with Part One of our two seminars focusing on opportunities outside the traditional, clinical pathway.
Register for your free ticket via the above link, and enjoy a rapid-fire TED-talks style seminar, followed by pizza and the opportunity to meet and network with speakers, including:
- Dr Penny Flett: Pro-Chancellor of UWA and previous CEO of Brightwater Aged Care Group, Dr Flett was a national finalist for the Order of Australia Medal, and the first female President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of WA.
- Dr Steven Singh: Perth-trained Obstetrician/Gynaecologist, Dr Singh set up Woodvale Day Hospital and has since ventured into Surgical instrument design with his company Surgitools, providing instruments used around Australia and the globe.
- Dr Fiona Lander: A medical doctor and lawyer, Dr Lander was previously a consultant to the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights. Currently and Associate for McKinsey & Company Global Management Consulting she will be detailing her journey from medical school into the corporate world.
- Dr Michael Winlo: CEO of Linear Clinical Research, Dr Winlo has spent the last six years between Silicon Valley and New York growing the health practice of the highly regarded data analysis firm Palantir Technologies. Also proudly an alumnus of UWA and an ex-WAMSS President!
- Dr Kath Giles: Another UWA alumna, Dr Giles is an Investment manager at Brandon Capital Partners, with startup experience in apps, diagnostics and fitness devices. An MBA graduate, she is also director of the Curtin Commercialisation Advisory Board.
For Details about MedScope - Medical Research, on Thursday 20 October, see https://www.facebook.com/events/211215729294326/