UWA Politics Club Presents Mock Parliament
26 October, 2015
Economics Conference Room, UWA
What better way to send off the semster than some good ol' fashioned parliamentary debate, come on down and join us for some top notch banter, free pizza and all round good times.
Policy motions are due at 5pm on Sunday 25th, please send your motions to email@example.com.
MOTIONS FOR DEBATE:
Australian Labor Party:
(1) That UWA Mock Parliament calls for the Trade Union Royal Commission to be disbanded and for expenses of the commission to be billed to the Liberal Party of Australia;
(2) That UWA Mock Parliament calls on the Commonwealth Government to adopt Labor’s 50% renewable energy target; and
(3) That UWA Mock Parliament calls on the Barnett Government to ban toll roads in WA, stop the Roe 8 expansion, and build the outer harbour.
Liberal Party of Australia:
(1) That UWA Mock Parliament calls for the retention of Australia’s current system of constitutional monarchy and opposes any attempt to transition to a republican model of government;
(2) That UWA Mock Parliament calls on the Commonwealth Government to oppose any attempt to recognise any single race, to the exclusion of all others, in the body and/or preamble of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Australia; and
(3) That UWA Mock Parliament calls on the Commonwealth Government to prioritise the establishment of a Free Trade Agreement with the State of Israel.
See you on Monday!