The Social Impact of Engineers
6 August, 2015
Gentilli Lecture Theatre (Room 131 Geography and Geology)
Engineers Without Borders
In celebration of National Student Volunteer Week and Australian Engineering Week; Guild Volunteering, UWA Young Engineers (UWAYE), and Engineers Without Borders (EWB) have teamed up to bring you this exciting new event!
The panel will discuss the impact of engineers in society and the importance of giving back. More specifically, to:
1. Increase student awareness of the alternative opportunities that exist outside the dominant resource industry.
2. Encourage students to see the value of volunteering - not just to the community, but also to their careers.
3. Raise awareness of the importance of collective impact.
4. Provide the chance for participants to be inspired by the experiences of other UWA students, alumni and researchers.
There will be opportunity for audience Q&A, and networking after the main panel discussion.
Michelle Foo (Panelist)
- Vice President Engagement of EWB UWA Chapter and Mechanical Engineering Student
Ali Zafar Mohammadi (Panelist)
- Engineering PhD Candidate, Volunteer at Fairway UWA and Student Support Services
- Structural Engineer at McDowall Affleck,
Jodie Koh (Panel Chair)
- Guild Volunteering chair and UWAYE chairperson