UTS LSS Election Information Evening
27 September, 2016
UTS Law Students Society
The election period for UTS LSS 2017 council is fast approaching. Like last year, Executive positions may be filled by individuals nominating as a ticket or individual candidates, and Director positions will be open as individual candidates only. This will give any law student the ability to nominate and hold a position on Council. Voting will also be open to every law student at UTS.
What does the evening involve?
The Election Information Evening will be a 1-hour discussion involving a 2-3 minute overview from each of the 2016 UTS LSS Councillors on their respective roles, and discuss the new roles which will have their debut in 2017. We will also cover the election procedure, nomination procedure and campaign rules.
The UTS LSS Council 2016 has comprised a vast range of students, including: first year, postgraduate, combined law and straight LLB students. Each has brought unique experiences to their positions, and all interested students, are encouraged to nominate themselves for the UTS LSS Council.
WHEN: Tuesday 27 September 2016
TIME: 6:30pm – 7:30pm
WHO: The evening is open to all UTS law students who are interested in nominating and running for, or would like to receive information on, a position on the 2017 UTS LSS Council
Food will be provided for those attending.
The Councillor positions that are to be elected to comprise the 2016 UTS LSS Council include the following:
- President (Executive Position)
- Treasurer (Executive Position)
- Secretary (Executive Position)
- Vice President (Sponsorship) (Executive Position) (NEW!)
- Postgraduate Representative
- Vice President (Activities) (Executive Position)
- Socials Director 1
- Socials Director 2
- Sports Director
- Vice President (Competitions) (Executive Position)
- Witness Examination Director
- Negotiation Director
- Client Interview Director
- Mooting Director
- Subject Mooting Directors I and II
- Intervarsity Competitions Director
- Vice President (Education) (Executive Position)
- Education (Internal) Director
- Education (External) Director
- Publications Director
- Student Wellbeing Officer
- Vice President (Marketing) (Executive Position)
- Marketing Director
- Information Technology Director
- Design Director (NEW!)
- Vice President (Social Justice) (Executive Position)
- Equity Director
- Brennan Program Director
- Vice President (Careers) (Executive Position) (NEW!)
- Careers (Activities) Director
- Careers (Publications) Director
To understand these roles at greater length, please view the by-laws here: http://utslss.com/about/by-laws, or contact the Council member currently in the role: http://utslss.com/contact.
For any questions, queries or concerns about the Evening – please contact Imogen Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at the Election Information Evening.