UTS LSS Social Justice Conference
15 October, 2016
CB08.03.005 Dr Chau Chak Wing Building 14-28 Ultimo Road, Ultimo 2007
UTS Law Students Society
Join the UTS Law Students' Society for the most anticipated Social Justice Event of the year - The UTS LSS Social Justice Conference, brought to you by UTS Practical Legal Training!
Come along for a day of immersing yourself in a wide range of Social Justice and Legal Professionals, from the corporate sphere to community legal centres and hear them discuss their experiences working in those fields. The conference aims to promote knowledge sharing and discussion on a number of social justice issues and human rights issues.
The conference will involve a number of Q&A Panels and Social Justice Workshops. The day will occur as follows:
Morning Tea - 10.00am - 11.00am
Panel 1 Pro Bono Work and Legal Social Justice 11.00am-12.00pm -
- Lyn McMahon, Senior Associate of Pro Bono at Herbert Smith Freehills
- Meredith Osborne, Senior Project Officer - Legal Aid (Civil Division)
- Susan Mtonga, Pro Bono Lawyer and founder of Rights Nights
Lunch - 12.00pm - 1.00pm
Panel 2 Exploitation and Access to Justice 1.00pm - 2.00pm
- Jamie Alford, Youth Worker in Legal Aid's Children's Civil Law Service
- Ruth Pilkinton, Lawyer in the Early Intervention Unit in Legal Aid
- Jennifer Burn, Manager at Anti Slavery Australia
Workshop A and B
- Anti Slavery Australia Workshop
- Women in Prison Advocacy Network (WIPAN) Workshop
The cost of the conference is $5.00 with all proceeds going to Anti-Slavery Australia inclusive of morning tea, lunch and networking with legal professionals.
Registration for the event and purchasing tickets closes at on Wednesday 12 October at 11pm