RUOK? DAY at UTS
8 September, 2016
UTS: University of Technology Sydney
RUOK? Day at UTS
Yup, its that time of year AGAIN... where we get to highlight the importance of asking 'RUOK?' to the people in our world. We are going bigger and better than ever with activities, free food, and a chance to pledge your support across buildings 1, 8, 5 and lots in between. Wherever you find yourself at uni next Thursday, chances are you'll see batyr crew there. We can't wait to hang!
Here's a breakdown of all the action:
- Bacon and egg brekkie from 10:30-2:30 pm at the Tower Building and LSS's BBQ station @Law Courtyard B5 11-1pm. It's all about sharing YOUR pledge. Come and find out how, with delicious brekkie to sweeten the deal.
- LIVE: batyr@uni in partnership with UTS International - come hear a lived-experience story from a student who has recovered from mental health challenges 1pm-1.30pm (CB04.03.320)
- RUOK to eat some cake? Building 8 is gonna be shakin' and bakin' thanks to our TBL (the big lift) and UTS Red Cross pals 11:30-2pm
- Triva-gods unite... 7-9pm in the Underground presented by our pals at Bsoc (Business Students Society) and Activate UTS.
*UPDATE* Some more amazing fantabulous things to do!
- R U keen for icecream? Well the UTS Food Apprecitation Society is handing out some icey-treats from 11am-1pm (get in lickity-quick before they all lickity-split) at building 7.
- Some spiders are gross and weird, but not these ones! Head to building 5 from 12-1 for UTS Events Society's yummy spider stall.
- You'd have to be mad (eye-moody) to miss the magical fun that is UTS Quidditch's 'Flobberworm' guessing competition from 10am-12pm in building 6. 50 knuts for a guess ($0.50 donation).
Insta / tag #itsokaytotalk for your chance to be reposted all over the place... the more the merrier.
Oh, and the whole point of RUOK? Day, lets not forget. Make sure there's time for you to check in with people in your circles, and have some real conversations. Remember... 'a conversation could save a life'.