TUMSS Health & Wellbeing Week
2 May, 2016
Tasmanian University Medical Students' Society (TUMSS)
Medical Students Society
It's getting to the pointy end of the semester and the thought of exams might be playing on your mind (if it isn't yet, it probably is now. Sorry)... but stress less, because Health and Wellbeing Week is around the corner! TUMSS have teamed up with some great sponsors to ensure your road to swotvac is better than if health and wellbeing week didn't happen. We forgot to mention the best part - it's all free*! Big thanks to our sponsors for this - MIPS, RUSTICA, TUU, Bikram Yoga, and All Aerobics Fitness. Below are some of the exciting things you can expect throughout the week:
MONDAY 2nd May
• 4pm: Chai Chat n Study - stick around Menzies and enjoy some afternoon tea while you study with fellow medlets
TUESDAY 3rd May
• 8.30am: free HOTnCOLD breakfast courtesy of RUSTICA - rock up to Menzies early for hot food, muffins, yoghurt/muesli and more
• 1pm: Yin yoga class - Bikram Yoga have kindly offered to host a free yoga class at menzies in the double paramedic room! Please contact Olivia Chung (email@example.com) if you are interested so we can get a rough idea of numbers :)
WEDNESDAY 4th May
• 1pm: TSPS lecture on the Zika Virus - https://www.facebook.com/events/835913663179232/ free lunch for those who sign up!
THURSDAY 5th May
• 12pm: Free lunch courtesy of TUU - TUU reps will be there to discuss any concerns you have about uni life. Make sure you say hi!
• 12.15pm: Talk - Coping with Stress by Donna Harriss. Donna is a psychologist and counsellor at UTAS. She is a fantastic speaker and has some excellent tips on maintaining good mental wellbeing. A MUST ATTEND event! We're already sleeping outside LT2 in anticipation so we don't miss out!
FRIDAY 6th MARCH
• 8.30am: FREE HOT BREAKFAST - MIPS have kindly sponsored another free meal to keep you going. Come by the atrium from around 8.30 to start your day right!
SATURDAY 7th May
• 7pm: MedParty https://www.facebook.com/events/835913663179232/
PLUS THE FOLLOWING FREEBIES AVAILABLE ALL WEEK
• Free fruit at all clinical schools
• Free gym entry to All Aerobics Fitness (upon presentation of student card) https://www.facebook.com/AllAerobicsFitness/
• *$14 classes at Bikram Yoga (upon presentation of student card)
• Free cereal every day
Once again a big thank you to our sponsors for helping put this event together. Hope you're all as excited as we are!
Ps. LCS and RCS - we haven't forgotten you! We are trying to organise a free lunch/ breakfast and this will be confirmed ASAP