Subski 2016 AGM
28 October, 2016
Boarders' and Skiers' Club (SUBSKI)
As 2016 wraps up, Sydney University Boarders’ and Skiers’ Club is holding its 2016 Annual General Meeting. Whether you’re our next snowsports gold medal hero, a seasoned veteran or weather oldtimer, this is your chance to have your say in how your club is run. The meeting will receive the Executive’s annual reports, elect the club’s 2017 Executive and discuss other business.
The positions to be elected for the 2017 Subski Executive are:
- Events Co-ordinator
- Sponsorship Director
* You MUST be a student of The University of Sydney and an Access Card holder to be eligible to run for an executive position.
The positions to be elected for the 2017 AUC’s coordinators are:
- 2 x Australian University Championship’s Coordinator
*You MUST be a student of The University of Sydney.
If you would like to run for any position on the 2017 Subski Executive or as an AUCs Coordinator, email the club at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify which positions you would like to be nominated for. If you want more information on the roles and responsibilities of each position, feel free to reach out to any member of the current executive. Please keep an eye on this event for details to come regarding venue.
The AGM’s agenda will be as follows:
1. Opening and Welcome
2. Apologies and leaves of absence
3. Minutes of the previous meeting
4. Business arising from the minutes
6. Motions on notice
7. Annual Reports
d. Other Executives
8. Election of the Executive
9. Election of AUCs Coordinators
10. General Business
The rules for elections are as follows:
- Nominees must provide 24 hours notice to the 2016 Club Secretary (Ashley Wick) prior to the meeting’s start.
- Nominees must accept nomination to stand for election.
- Nominees must attend the University of Sydney and hold USU membership (Access) to be eligible for the Executive.
- Nominees for AUCs Coordinator must attend the University of Sydney.
- Voting shall be undertaken by means of a secret ballot with a single transferrable vote.
- Nominees are required to leave the room whilst voting takes place.
- Prior to voting, the floor is open to discussion amongst members.
- To be successfully elected, a nominee must hold a majority vote. If this is not obtained after a round of voting, then the nominee with the least support will be removed, the floor will be reopened for discussion and voting will reoccur.
Subskorski, Slew, Hudson ‘handbrake’ Stockl, Trashley, Dirk Hartog and Snowflake.
BJ and the Potplant xx