Social Change Lab
18 July, 2015
Level 1 79 Myrtle Street, 2008
Amnesty International Society
PLEASE NOTE: This event is for current Amnesty NSW action group members, activists and volunteers only. If you are not currently involved with Amnesty NSW but would like to be, please fill out this form and we will be in touch: http://bit.ly/1drRXq8
The Social Change Lab is a one-day program consisting of various workshops designed to transform human rights activism in Amnesty NSW. Activists from 50+ action groups throughout NSW and volunteers are called upon to learn, share, connect and transform the way they engage in human rights activism. At the end of the program, we hope to have empowered existing human rights activist leaders and also incubated the next generation of leaders in NSW, ready to make an impact.
The one-day event will offer inspiring, challenging and practical learning experiences whilst giving you the opportunity to connect with like-minded human rights activists throughout NSW.
We will be joined by special guest speaker, Adam Taylor (Volunteer Coordinator for Greens for Balmain) who will discuss how to build a movement.
Workshops that we will be running include but not limited to:
- How to build a movement: recruitment and retention best practices.
- Community is Everything campaign: strategic plan and messaging.
- Story of Self: using your personal narrative to motivate action.
- How to run strategic and SMART events.
- Are you a bear or an eagle? Understanding personality types and how to get the best from different people.
- Find your Zen: balancing life and activism.
- Groups such as Newcastle, Newtown, Refugee Network will reveal their secret ingredients to success.
RSVP here: http://bit.ly/1ETYr8i
Please register before FRIDAY 10 JULY.