Mental Health - AfSA Rushd Workshop Series 2016
12 August, 2016
General Purpose South Building (78)
Afghan Students' Association AfSA
**REGISTRATION LINK: https://goo.gl/forms/Im5Cs08mpbdlHv4f2 **
Workshop 2: Mental health, which will be focusing on your experience/s of first moving to Australia, youth, the transition from high school to university, stress and anxiety and how to deal with it as well as how to manage your time efficiently in Uni. This workshop will be run by professionals such as, psychologists, counsellors and other academics. (Friday, week 3, 5:30 – 7, place =TBC)
- When: Friday, 12th of August
- Time: 5:30pm to 8pm
- Place: General Purpose South, Building 78 - Room 343, University of Queensland St Lucia
Ever been intrigued by exotic Dari and Arabic calligraphy? Want to understand and learn more about mental health, cultural engagement and social identity crisis? Or perhaps you’d like to learn the steps to Afghanistan’s traditional dance, the Attan?
If so, come along with your friends to AfSA’s 2016 Rushd Workshop Series. We have decided change up this year’s workshops a little aiming to provide growth, self-development and growth in our cultural understanding.
P.S – ‘Rushd’ means growth in Dari for anyone wondering.
- ALL workshops are free of charge, however, we will accept any donations towards ZamZam Water.
- Refreshments will be provided throughout each workshop.
- Keep an eye on our page as more updates will be uploaded closer to the dates.