Attan (Cultural Dance) - AfSA Rushd Workshop Series 2016
15 August, 2016
Heath Room, Uq Union Complex
Afghan Students' Association AfSA
** REGISTRATION LINK: https://goo.gl/forms/SqQ0PzQEKdsryhEC3 **
Workshop 3: Afghanistan’s traditional dance, Attan. This particular workshop will be run by AfSA president, Sanam Ahmadzada and one of our sponsorship coordinators, Afshin Ehsani.
- When: Monday, 15th of August
- Time: 5:00 - 6:30 for FEMALES and 6:30 - 8:00 pm for MALES
- Place: UQ Union Building no. 21, level 3 - Heath Room
**Women and men will be taught separately to provide comfort for all.**
Ever been intrigued by exotic Dari and Arabic calligraphy? Want to understand and learn more about mental health, cultural engagement and social identity crisis? Or perhaps you’d like to learn the steps to Afghanistan’s traditional dance, the Attan?
If so, come along with your friends to AfSA’s 2016 Rushd Workshop Series. We have decided change up this year’s workshops a little aiming to provide growth, self-development and growth in our cultural understanding.
P.S – ‘Rushd’ means growth in Dari for anyone wondering.
- ALL workshops are FREE of charge, however, we will accept any donations towards ZamZam Water.
- Refreshments will be provided throughout each workshop.
- Keep an eye on our page as more updates will be uploaded closer to the dates.