UNSW LawSoc: Public Interest Careers Networking Drinks
16 August, 2016
UNSW Law Staff Common Room
UNSW Law Society
Want to find out more about how to begin exploring a particular career pathway? Do you want to gain more access to professionals working in public interest law? Or learn how the public sector operates in practice?
Then make sure you don’t miss the upcoming public interest careers networking night! Applications close Wednesday 10 August 11:59pm.
We have confirmed some extraordinary special guests to attend including:
• Ben Lumsdaine, Solicitor, Refugee Advice and Casework Service
• Ben Au, Director of Classification Policy and Research, Department of Communications and the Arts
• Blake Donald, Lawyer, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
• Bianca Dufty, Solicitor, Family Law division, Legal Aid NSW
• Brendan Dobbie,Solicitor, Environmental Defenders Office NSw
• Cathy Rainsford, Assistant Secretary, Department of Communications and the Arts
• Frances Voon, Executive Manager, Andrew & Renata Kaldor Centre for International Refugee Law
• Justin Wong, Principal, Streeton Criminal Lawyers
• Marie Iskander, Tipstave to the Hon. Justice Rothman of the Supreme Court
• Michael Johnson, Principal Legal Officer, Office of International Law, Attorney-General's Department
• Miranda Nagy, Principal, Maurice Blackburn Lawyers
• Nicholas Cowdery AM QC, former Head of the NSW DPP and Judge, Barrister
• Richard Harding, Special Counsel Dispute Resolution, Australian Government Solicitor
This isn’t your usual networking event! After registering your attendance, you will be paired up with practitioners that best match your interests. In order to attend on the night, you must fill out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/tIoeLzhou0GjmgnH2
If you haven't got one already, you can also grab yourself a copy of the 2016 Public Interest Careers Guide on the night!
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Jess Meech at firstname.lastname@example.org