S.B. Dowton Leadership Conference
30 July, 2016
UNSW (The University of New South Wales)
UNSW Medical Society (MedSoc)
You are invited to the S.B. Dowton Leadership Conference 2016 - Doctors as Agents of Change in Society!
The Conference is an interuniversity symposium of inspiring and renowned speakers, aiming to give medical students from all around NSW a perspective on current concerns in medicine today, and how a medical degree can be applied to a diverse range of pursuits to make a real impact on the issues that matter in society.
1. PROFESSOR S. BRUCE DOWTON
Patron of the Conference and internationally-renowned paediatrician, clinical geneticist and medical educator, and Vice-Chancellor of Macquarie University.
2. PROFESSOR GORDIAN FULDE
Longest-serving and current Head of Emergency Department at St Vincent's Hospital, and Senior Australian of the Year 2016.
3. JEAN-PAUL BELL
"The face that could launch a thousand laughs" - Founder of Clown Doctors Australia and Finalist Senior Australian of the Year 2015.
4. DR KAREN ZWI
Consultant paediatrician and advisor to the Australian Human Rights Commission Inquiry into Children in Immigration Detention, risking jail time to protect child victims of sexual abuse in Nauru.
What do you get?
- 4 inspiring and thought-provoking keynote addresses from medical leaders and society changers
- 2 practical workshop breakout sessions from a selection of 5, on a range of medical and non-traditional topics, from mental health to entrepreneurship. Registration and topics for these sessions will be announced closer to the date
- Catered morning tea, lunch and refreshments
- Certificate of Attendance for your Portfolio
- A new and inspired perspective on the issues in medicine today
Who can attend?
The event is geared towards medical students all across NSW in undergraduate and postgraduate programs to provide them with insights from accomplished, leading doctors who are making real changes on the issues that matter in society.
But you don't have to be a medical student to attend! Registration is open to anyone who wants to challenge themselves, hear perspectives from medical leaders on a range of issues, and has a keen interest in how issues in medicine intrinsically affect all aspects of society.
How to Register:
$15 per individual
$60 per group of 5 ($12 each)
Please do not hesitate to contact Serag Saleh or Abeer Khan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
<3 MedSoc 2016