Liveaboard 2015 @ the Great Barrier Reef
17 July, 2015
UNSW Underwater Club
Live to dive? Love to dive? or just hanging out for good times and a great holiday?
Well this one is for you!
UNSW UWC returns to the Great Barrier Reef for liveaboard diving with a difference, this time we will start and end our journey in Townsville!
Expect 30m viz, warm waters & brilliant dives.
MINKE WHALES if we are lucky but definitely some HUMPBACK WHALES will be around!
Get to dive the famous SS Yongala wreck!
We will be on board the oh so beautiful MV Kalinda with Cap'n Dave (http://www.kalinda.com.au/).
We board the Kalinda early evening on the 17th and disembark 7am on the 24th. Remember to leave 24 hours from your last dive before you fly. Bags can be left with the Kalinda the afternoon before we depart and on the wharf at the end of the trip.
|| COST ||
- $1,000 per person not including flights
- (You will have to sort out your own flgihts)
|| WHEN ||
- 17 - 24 July
- Depart Townsville evening of 17th
- Arrive back in Townsville 24th July; You can fly out on that day as last dives will be the morning before
|| FLIGHTS ||
- You will have to book your own flights to Townsville
|| INCLUSIONS ||
- Fully Chartered Boat (with Cap'n Dave)
- 20 dives in total with up to 4 dives a day
- Party night on Maggie Island on 23rd July
- All meals
- Tank fills
- 7 Awesome nights
- Dave's ‘un-chartered’ dive sites & the legendary SS Yongala
|| DIVING QUALIFICATIONS ||
All levels of divers welcome but please note that If you are an open water diver with little experience you may not be able to dive on certain sites such as the SS Yongala.
|| GEAR & STUFF ||
You can hire BCD and regs with computer from the club.
You will need the following:
- Regs (with dive computer)
- Wetsuit or rashie
- Fins, booties, Mask, Snorkel
- Clothes – something warm for the evenings
- Snacks (optional)
- 2 x towels
You DO NOT NEED THE FOLLOWING:
|| BOOKINGS ||
- To guarantee your spot, book via the website here: http://underwaterclub.org/events/liveaboard-2015-the-great-barrier-reef/
- A $200 deposit will secure your spot and full balance will have to be settled 4 weeks before the trip - 17th June.
|| PREVIOUS TRIPS ||
2012 Liveaboard - https://vimeo.com/54701680
2014 Liveaboard - https://vimeo.com/108225446 | https://vimeo.com/108225447
|| CONTACT ||
Greg - firstname.lastname@example.org