UNSW LawSoc: NGO Networking Night
19 May, 2016
Law Staff Common Room
Law Society (UNSW)
Do you want to find out how far a law degree can take you? Do you want a job that can effect change in the world? Have you ever thought about working for an NGO?
Come along to the Law Society’s NGO Networking Event to find out more about NGOs and the type of work that you could be involved in as a lawyer!
Non-government and not for profit organisations do incredible work in a variety of fields, and this will give you an insight into the types of careers and experiences you could have working for one!
The evening will feature a panel discussion with speakers representing a spread of NGOs, followed by a networking session. Drinks and food will be served!
The UNSW alumni who will be speakers at the event include:
• Emmanuel Giuffre - Legal Counsel, Voiceless
• Sarah Margo - Junior Legal Counsel, Voiceless
• Michael Hislop - Acting President, Australian Lawful Use of Cannabis Alliance
• Terry Chenery - CEO, Link-Up NSW
• Lucia Noyce, NGO Consultant in advocacy and community engagement in human rights, research in social justice, international law
Make sure you click ‘attending’ to find out more about each of our speakers and keep updated about the event! If you have any questions for the panel, please fill in our Question Form here: http://goo.gl/forms/GDzz7C6Wl2
For any questions, please email Jess at email@example.com