Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard
9 July, 2016
EAT, SLEEP, DIVE, REPEAT!
Live to dive? Love to dive? Or just want an amazing, holiday with a different diving experience?
UNSW Underwater Club is heading to the Great Barrier Reef for a whole week of diving on a liveaboard – something not to miss out on! 30m visibility, tropical waters, brilliant dives and whales eerrryday! Some see the reef in all it’s glory as we explore some world renound dive sites as well as some hidden gems.
We will be on board the oh so beautiful MV Kalinda with Cap’n Dave (http://www.kalinda.com.au/)
|| WHEN ||
• 9th – 16th July
• Depart Townsville on 9th July afternoon
• Arrive back in Townsville on 16th July – you can fly out this day as last dives will be the day before
|| WHAT ||
Whales, tropical fish, turtles, sea snakes, eagle rays, bull rays, fan coral, swim thrus, lion fish, everything from Finding Nemo, reef sharks, more sharks, rays, gropers, barracuda, king fish, bat fish - all the fish!
Check out this previous trip to get excited! - https://vimeo.com/54701680!
|| COST ||
• $1,100 (excl. flights)
• Budget $300-$400 for flights
|| FLIGHTS ||
• Fly into Townsville, QLD and get a shuttle to Reef HQ Wharf where we depart from (you can leave your luggage and hang around until everyone arrives and we depart)
• If everyone is on the same flight we can charter a whole shuttle!
• Flights from TSV – SYD are direct
|| INCLUSIONS ||
• Fully charted boat (Kalinda w/ Cap’n dave and his amazing crew) – they have thousands of dives between them and an unparalleled knowledge of the reef, which makes for amazing dive sites!
• 20 DIVES with up to 4 dives a day and plenty of opportunity for night dives
• Party night on Maggie Island on 15th July (also known as Magnetic Island)
• All the foooood
• Weights & Tanks
• Tank fills
• 6 amazing nights
• Dave’s ‘un-charted’ dive sites & the legendary SS Yongala, considered by many as one of the best wreck dives in the world! For real – everything is on steroids, check it out! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo_ara9-HTY)
|| DIVING QUALIFICATIONS ||
All levels of divers welcome but please note that If you are an open water diver with little experience you may not be able to dive on certain sites such as the SS Yongala.
|| GEAR & STUFF ||
You can hire BCD and regs with computer from the club for $20 for the whole week.
You will need the following:
• Regs (with dive computer if you don’t otherwise have one)
• Fins, booties, Mask, Snorkel
• Clothes – something warm for the evenings
• Snacks (optional)
• 2 x towels
|| BOOKINGS ||
• To guarantee your spot, book via the website (http://underwaterclub.org/events/1525/) – we expect it to fill quickly so get a deposit in now to avoid missing out!
• Deposit is $250 and full balance will have to be settled 3 weeks before the trip – 18th June.
For any questions please email email@example.com
See you there!