RESOC and MECHSOC present: Students Meet Industry 2016
17 May, 2016
Leighton Hall, Scientia
Mechanical Engineering Society
Calling all MECHSOC, RESOC, MECHASOC and ASME:
As you may have seen in your student emails, your faithful and benevolent student society execs have come together with our respective schools to bring you the 5th Annual Students-Meet-Industry Night.
There will be a huge range of companies there to cater for the relevant disciplines within these schools: Mechanical, Mechatronic, Aerospace, Naval, Manufacturing, Renewable Energy and Photovoltaics.
3rd and 4th years, this event is perfect for you! You’ll be able to establish some contacts with industry, find out what to expect in graduate positions, and ask about internship opportunities. In short, this is a valuable night for you!
Best of all: the event is free, and there will be food.
One thing you need to do: REGISTER!
It’s also a great idea to check out some of our hot tips below for perfecting your networking game on the night.
See you all there!
- A summary of preparation tips for attending employer events can be found on-line at: https://student.unsw.edu.au/expo-preparation-tips.
- This is a professional event so it will pay off to look presentable.
- Consider bringing a few copies of your resume, as some companies may be interested in looking into your past work experience.
- Review the list of sample questions to ask employers and prepare your own questions in advance here: https://careersonline.unsw.edu.au/docs/244/Sample-Questions-to-ask-at-Careers-Expos-and-Employer-Events.pdf
- For more preparation assistance you can book a 1:1 appointment with a careers consultant here: https://careersonline.unsw.edu.au/students/appointments/app/