Top Chef Competition | IAFUNSW
19 April, 2016
UNSW Commerce Courtyard
Islamic Awareness Forum of UNSW
Get ready for a competition that will push you to extremes. A competition that will make you or break you. A competition that will bring out the finest from within you.
Get ready for the competition of your life: Top Chef.
Years of experience, practice, successes and failures has prepared you for this moment. It’s time to bring your culinary skills to the table to create your signature dish.
There is one secret ingredient you need to succeed at such an endeavour; courage. You don’t know what you are capable of until you try.
Ordinary people. Extraordinary food. Noble intentions.
Do you have what it takes to be IAF’s best cook?
To participate, fill in the form with your name and the dish you will bring:
On the day of the competition, all pre-cooked dishes will be critiqued by our panel of judges and be sectioned for sale. The final score for each item will be a combination of the judge’s score and the amount of money raised.
The judges will use the following criteria:
- Taste - 25 pts
- Presentation - 15 pts
- Effort - 10 pts
The money raised from the sale will donated to the victims of the Afghanistan and Pakistan earthquake in 2015.
The winner of Top Chef will be crowned as IAF’s best cook and will be awarded on the day.
- All ingredients used must be Halal
- The dish must be pre-cooked by you. I.e. no store bought food
- Ensure the quantity is large enough to be sold in samples to the public
- A maximum of 3 people are able to register as a team
- All competitors must fill in the form by 10th April, Sunday midnight. Failure to do so will disqualify your dish from the competition