ACYA UNSW presents Language Buddies!
6 March, 2017
Australia-China Youth Association - ACYA UNSW
Australia China Youth Association (ACYA)
Language Buddies is a new initiative by the Australia-China Youth Association (ACYA) bringing together Advanced Chinese speakers as 'Mentors' and Beginner Chinese Speakers as 'Mentees'. The program aims to build stronger relations between Australian and Chinese Youth and promote cross-cultural understanding!
What you will get out of it as a Mentor/ee:
- Mentees will have the ability to learn or improve their Mandarin Chinese in a natural, conversational manner and address aspects you wish to learn
- Mentors will have the benefit of the satisfaction of teaching your native language, meet local Australians and even improve your English language skills as well (if an International Chinese Student)
- You can both form a long lasting friendship, build confidence in your communication skills, and of course, enhance the spirit of cross-cultural exchange that ACYA is all about! 🙂
The components of the program:
- Meet Weekly/ Fortnightly with your Buddy
- Attend ACYA Language Buddies Events to meet other participants of the program
- Social Events specifically for Language Buddies participants
This is an invaluable experience for you to make new friends and practise your Chinese speaking skills! To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Complete the following application: https://goo.gl/forms/E2Ts8dsiX3MwWJzq1
2. Note that applications will close at MIDNIGHT SUNDAY 12th MARCH (that's in exactly 6 days!). The earlier you get it in, the better. We will match you with a buddy and you will receive an email by Monday 13th afternoon notifying you of the result.
3. Show up to our Meet n Greet event on Tuesday 14th, where you will meet your buddy for the first time, munch on some pizza, and play fun icebreaker games! Don't forget to bring your diaries so you can start planning your meet ups with each other 🙂
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com