JD Impact Mentoring Program: Mentee Sign-ups
1 March, 2017
UNSW Law Society
Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/a/unswlawsoc.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScaQY6PRBF-wYBN7q-dDspgKNaoBHkbWJAdy_L6KjkKCX34Uw/viewform
You've probably been told that balancing everything is impossible, and that you have to sacrifice your social life or sleep to get good grades. WRONG. You have been told a lie. The truth is that you are more likely to get good grades if you have a well rounded law school experience (which includes having a strong social support network!)
The JD Impact Mentoring Program is a peer mentoring program that assists new JD students in adjusting to the demands of law student life. Our mentors are the very best in law school. They have found that magical sweet spot between excelling in academics and having a fun social life, with spare time for hobbies. Some of our mentors started out as mentees and learned from their mentors, and some of them had to learn it on their own. Now our mentors want to give back and help, teach, guide and support YOU. Let our mentors give you the inside scoop and kick-start your new chapter in life. You won't regret it.
Here are what our mentees have gained from the program:
- A fast way of making new friends
- A close-knit support network in law school from different year groups
- Useful advice and tips from senior students who went through all the aches and pains of being a first year JD student at UNSW Law
- Support from mentors who want to listen, help and guide you with whatever issues you have with law school
- Friends who will go with you to UNSW Law Society events
- Confidence to do your very best in law school
- Skills to balance uni and social life
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and only available to first year JDs. The program starts in Week 3 of Semester 1.