D2MGWorkshop: Graffiti w/ Timo Paris
19 May, 2016
UNSW Arc Club Office
D2MG Hip Hop Society
Get keen for D2MG's first graffiti workshop of the year! Graffiti is one of the four main elements of hiphop and has gained worldwide recognition as an art form. Sadly, knowledge of its origins and roots have slowly faded away.
The teacher, Timo Paris hails from Basel/Switzerland, and has been refining his craft for 8 years. This workshop is entirely for beginners, so everyone is welcome!
He'll be covering in this workshop:
- History and knowledge of Graffiti, its writers and styles
- History of hiphop culture and the role of graffiti
- Examples of mainstream pieces and styles
- Last but not least, doing your own sketch and drawing, learning to do a tag, copying mainstream styles of drawing, transferring it into the piece, and lastly "pimp"-in your letters with shadows and highlights!
You don't want to miss this! Due to limited capacity, please register to confirm your spot:
● WHERE? ●
ARC Clubs Office, UNSW
● WHEN? ●
Thursday 19th May
● PRICE ●
$7 for D2MG members
$11 for arc members
$12 for non arc members
● WHO IS D2MG? ●
We represent the elements of hip hop: (D)ance, (D)J, (M)C and (G)raffiti. However, we do focus more on the dance component and have weekly dance classes + pop up classes, battles, jams etc.
For the other elements of hip hop culture, we hold D2Workshops taught by special guests. These guest instructors or whom we like to call "mentors" would share their knowledge and experience by giving insight and helping you in any way they can. So keep an eye out for these events by enabling notifications ;) For more info, check out our website:
● Contact Us ●
1) Post it up on this event page! (So everyone else can benefit)
2) e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
3) PM us ♥
__ This event is proudly supported by ARC __