Law Revue Annual General Meeting 2016
18 October, 2016
Another year, another Law Revue draws to a close - but don't despair, as another year of magic is about to begin: it's time to elect the new Law Revue Executive for 2017!
Please join us at Law Revue's 2016 AGM to celebrate this year's achievement, and welcome the team who will lead Law Revue to even bigger and brighter horizons in the year to come.
When: Tuesday, 18th October - starting at 6pm SHARP
Where: CLB 1
1. President's report + Q&A
2. Treasurer's report + Q&A
3. Constitutional amendments
4. Discussing the merits of the current rehearsal schedule, with reference to the goals and Constitution of the UNSW Law Revue (see link for more detail)
5. Discussing the merit of different rehearsal and show structures to improve Revue’s potential (see link for more detail)
6. Business without notice
7. Producer candidate speeches + Q&A
8. Director candidate speeches + Q&A
9. Voting for new producers and directors
10. Announcement of the 2017 executive
11. Close of meeting
More detail about the additional agenda matters can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ggr53aG9qzMXFkYnJRRE42RWM
To run for an executive position please follow the following steps:
1. Complete and send a nomination form to email@example.com by no later than 23:59 Sunday, October 9.
2. Write and send a candidate statement of no more than 250 words to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 23:59 Sunday, October 9.
3. After all candidate statements have been received a society-wide email will be sent with all the statements attached.
4. On the night of the AGM all candidates will have 2 minutes to give a speech. Following this they will be asked questions for a period of up to no more than 10 minutes.
The current executive strongly encourages anyone who is considering to run for an executive position to speak to the current or past executive.
-----ATTENDANCE & VOTING-----
* Anyone including non-members can attend the AGM
* Only full members can vote in the AGM
* A full member is any one who has purchased the most recent show merchandise or is a member of a portfolio. You can find a list of those eligible to vote here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-ggr53aG9qza0kyRThUWmJzaEE?usp=sharing
Please email email@example.com if you are not included on the list, and should be.
A proxy vote allows you to choose a nominee to vote on your behalf if you are unable to attend the AGM. To cast a proxy vote:
1. You must inform your chosen proxy of your decision
2. You must inform the producers of your decision by way of emailing a completed Proxy Form to firstname.lastname@example.org no less than ONE DAY before the AGM
3. Any attending member may be a proxy for a maximum of ONE absent member
4. Proxy votes will be counted separately to normal votes
The proposed constitutional amendments are as follows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ggr53aG9qzajZNdi04NnU3Y0U/view?usp=sharing
The current consitution can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-ggr53aG9qza0kyRThUWmJzaEE?usp=sharing