16 October, 2016
Mathews Room 230, UNSW
NSW University Theatrical Society (NUTS)
Planning to audition for drama schools this year? Or are you wanting to improve your audition technique for next year’s NUTS season and other productions? Either way, these audition workshops will help you meet your goals and leave you with a classical and contemporary monologue that’s audition-ready!
Tess Imogen Sterland returns to run two workshops to help you prepare for the audition season and teach you skills to use in any audition!
Workshops will be held over two consecutive Sunday afternoons, from 2PM – 5PM on October 16th and 23rd in Matthews Room 230.
REGISTER YOUR PLACE HERE:
What to expect:
- A group of people like you who are wanting to work on monologues.
- A supportive yet challenging environment.
- Warm-up and focusing activities.
- Tools and techniques to help with script analysis and exploring character.
- Guidance on Shakespeare monologues.
- Information on different schools, how to prepare for each, and factors to consider when auditioning.
How to prepare:
- Memorise at least ONE classical and ONE contemporary monologue before the first session.
- Read the play your monologue is from. This is vital if you are wanting to explore your character’s objectives/intentions/relations to others, and this will be part of how we workshop your pieces.
- Bring along plenty of water, copies of your monologues in case you need prompts, and a notebook to take notes.