USYD Arts Tutor Sneha
Hi, I'm Sneha! VERY RESPONSIVE
I'm a USYD student studying Arts.
I have studied several Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology) subjects and have been exposed to many different languages. As such, I am highly aware of language learning methods and issues when teaching languages.
Conversation sessions with specific feedback provided on what to improve on for international students ($35/hr individually, $20/hr 2+). Can also help review writing and provide feedback on what to revise/improve e.g. pointing out awkward expressions. Cost for writing feedback varies based on text length.
- Flexible timings and frequency of class (weekly, fortnightly, or needs-based throughout semester)
- Available to teach on campus or online.
- Tailored to student needs: Can teach from scratch, homework/assignment/test preparation and advice, conversation classes, writing/speaking feedback, etc.
- Tailored for a variety of purposes: for fun, working in Korea-related fields, studying for TOPIK or TOPIK II, Korean major at university, etc.
- Knowledgeable and passionate tutor proficient in both academic and social uses of the language
One to one: $40/hr
Writing marking and feedback: varies based on text length
- Tutoring experience both private and at Pre-Uni New College (K-10 English)
- Ranked 1st throughout Preliminary & HSC Korean Beginners in 2016 & 2017 at Baulkham Hills High School
- NSW State Rank (1st) in HSC Korean Beginners (mark of 100)
- 1st in 2016 Writing Contest on Korean Culture held by KCC Australia
- Grand Prize in 2017 Writing Contest on Korean Culture held by KCC Australia
- 2017 Award for Academic Excellence in Korean from Korean Education Centre
- 2017 Grand Prize from Korean Ministry of Culture Sports and Tourism
- Mostly HDs in Korean major subjects
- 1st in Korean major in 2018 amongst 3rd year students
- 2018 Australian Association of Teachers of Korean Associate Member (conference attendee)
- 2018 Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK II: 232/300, Level 6)
- 2019 Korean Speech International Competition 3rd (Sydney)
- 2020 Co-translator of Korean-English book on North Korean defectors and human rights issues called "Interviews with North Korean Defectors From Kim Shin-jo to Thae Yong-ho" to be published June 2021
- 2020 Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK II: 266/300, Level 6 - highest)
- 2020 1st Place Winner of the Monash University Third Annual Korean Speech Contest
- 2020 1st Place Winner of the 2020 Korean Speaking Contest held by KCC Australia
- 2020 Australian representative for the ‘AKS Summer Program for International Students’ (The Academy of Korean Studies Educational Research Centre, South Korea)
- Sneha has contributed to StudentVIP by submitting a rating or review for this subject.