UniMelb Engineering Tutor Michael
Hi, I'm Michael! VERY RESPONSIVE
I'm a UniMelb student studying Engineering.
My name is Michael and I’m a construction industry professional with over 10 years’ experience working for two world leading Tier 1 project management and construction companies in Melbourne and New York City. My experience is both office and site based, including Project Engineer and Site Supervisor roles.
My formal qualifications are:
2004 – 2008 Bachelor of Engineering (Civil Engineering) with Honours
The University of Melbourne, Australia. One semester was spent as an exchange student at The University of Nottingham, UK.
2009 – 2011 Diploma of Management - Frontline Management Institute
My expertise is in the construction management of buildings with high-end finishes and fit-outs, with notable projects as follows:
• One57 Project, Manhattan, New York, USA
• Jerome L. Greene Science Centre, Columbia University, Manhattan, New York, USA
• 56 Leonard Street Project, Manhattan, New York, USA
• 53 West 53rd Street Project, Manhattan, New York, USA
• ANZ Centre, Melbourne, Australia
• Queen's Place Project, Melbourne, Australia
With this in mind, my tutorial services offered are as follows:
• How to read and interpret construction drawings; including architectural, structural, services, façade, interior and exterior finishes drawings
• How to read and create detailed project schedules / programmes
• How to read and understand project specifications
• How to read and understand contracts and Scope of Work documents
• Understanding cost evaluation and management
Whether you’re a student, engineer, general contractor, apprentice, skilled tradesman or simply interested in construction, I can help you reach your goals.
I have a patient and flexible approach to teaching and work with the specific needs of each person. I’m available anytime, preferably weekdays, and can meet online or at a location convenient to us both in Melbourne.
If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment, please don't hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to working with you soon.
Mike is a highly patient, encouraging and detailed-oriented tutor! He prepares before every tute session with summary guides for you to understand the construction drawings, has made the subject surely easier for me. He also never ceases to give superb explanations to the concepts. Highly recommend him as a tutor!
Celina, StudentVIP member
since February, 2016
- Michael has contributed to StudentVIP by submitting a rating or review for this subject.