ANU Health Tutor Victor
I have been taught by world-leading educators in science and medicine. I am also well-versed in both clinical and basic science research, having completed honours in an award-winning project working on genetic kidney diseases and working on an autoimmunity lab-based research during my medical degree. I believe this puts me in a unique position to help you understand biology and medical science from someone that is exposed to basic science research and clinical medicine. My specialty is in immunology, genetics, biochemistry and physiology, but I am happy to tutor any medical science subjects. I also offer tutoring services such as assignment editing, teaching various laboratory principles, and more.
I have tutored casually for about 5 years now, with experiences in tutoring various medical science topics and GAMSAT, and have taught dozens of students ranging from first year undergraduate to masters level.
I enjoy teaching. My tutoring approach is utilising drawings and diagrams help you breakdown difficult concepts and present them in an easy-to-understand manner.
I prefer Zoom/online sessions over face-to-face, but the logistics can be worked out if you contact me. I am currently doing my clinical placements, so my availability will vary every week, but I am flexible to squeeze in an hour or so on weekday nights or on weekends.
2014-2017: Bachelor of Medical Science (Immunobiology and Physiology Double Major), The University of Sydney, SciWAM 80
2018: Bachelor of Medical Science (1st Class Honours, 90), Centre for Kidney Research, The Children's Hospital at Westmead, USYD
- Honours project revolves around a mouse model of human genetic kidney disease caused by defects in the immune complement pathway. Aimed to elucidate the role of infection and immune-mediated kidney damage as well as creating a novel viral construct capable of treatment.
- Received the 2018 Young Investigator Award for Basic Science at the ANZSN Conference
- Won the 2018 Westmead Hospital Research Week Poster Prize
- Won the Applied Medical Science Honours Prize (1st Place)
- Awarded the University of Sydney Academic Merit Prize for 2018
- Awarded Dean's List of Excellence for Academic Performance for 2018
2019-2022: Doctor of Medicine and Surgery (MChD), Australian National University, Class of 2022
English, a little bit of Mandarin
Victor is a wonderful and dedicated tutor, he has an exceptional grasp of the knowledge, and is patient as well as adept at ensuring his students understand them as well.
Alice, StudentVIP member
since August, 2019
Verify phone number
- Victor has contributed to StudentVIP by submitting a rating or review for this subject.