UniMelb Science Tutor Josh
Hi, I'm Josh! VERY RESPONSIVE
I'm a UniMelb student studying Science.
My name is Josh, and I am here to help you get the best possible grades from your studies!
I am currently studying my Honours in Psychology at the University of Melbourne. For my thesis, which is supervised by A/Prof Stefan Bode, I will be looking at moral decision making and the role of anticipatory information therein. Previously, I worked as a lawyer in insolvency litigation, but I recently left to chase my dream of working in academia/research!!
I have been doing academic writing now for almost 10 years so I can really help you with your written assignments! I also have a lot of experience working with R, the statistical programming language, so I can help you with that as well (this is the first year that UniMelb is using R to teach its undergraduate psychology statistics subject).
I have lots of experience teaching. Such as:
- I have been an English-as-a-second language teacher for the last two years. My work here has been primarily improving the language skills of people who are already intermediate/advanced speakers. This includes both online and in-person lessons.
- I was a Contract Law tutor while I was studying Law. This was a formal class organised by the University of Queensland Law Society.
- I have done informal tutoring for friends throughout my Psychology studies. Particularly, I proof-read many assignments and gave notes on structure and clarity of writing. I also helped lots of friends understand the harder to grasp statistical concepts that you learn as part of your psychology degree (I have been studying statistics for many years now).
Behavioural Neuroscience Prize 2018
Dean's Award for the Graduate Diploma in Psychology 2018
Last year I completed all required subjects for the undergraduate Psychology Degree at the University of Melbourne. My overall WAM for these subjects was 92.7. In particular, my grades were:
Mind, Brain & Behaviour 1 93
Mind, Brain & Behaviour 2 90
Biological Psychology 96
Developmental Psychology 92
Neuroscience and the Mind 92
Advanced Research Methods 89
Social and Personality Psychology 96
Cognitive Psychology 99
The Integrated Brain 96
Psychology Capstone 84
I also achieved excellent grades for my other degrees which are listed below.
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology , University of Melbourne.
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours IIA), University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Queensland.
- Master of Laws, Washington University in Saint Louis (USA).
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA), University of Cambridge.
Very adept with R, helped me with my RMHI assignment in seeing small errors but also in helping me understand the underlying concepts. Josh has strong academic integrity and did not just feed answers but gave appropriate guidance. I am grateful for his help and would highly recommend to others!
Zoe, StudentVIP member
since February, 2017
- Josh has contributed to StudentVIP by submitting a rating or review for this subject.