Professional Development Night.
28 October, 2015
Marina Views Wedding and Function Centre
Newcastle University Psychology Society
The Newcastle University Psychology Society (NUPS) are hosting a Professional Development evening to allow Psychology students an opportunity to network with professionals from the field, build a greater understanding of the pathways available and learn more about some possible avenues for volunteer experience. We will have a wide variety of speakers at the evening who showcase the versatility of the psychology degree, ranging from Clinical to Neuropsychology, government settings, private practice, and NGOs such as Lifeline.
These guest speakers will provide their "success story"- including their current role, how they got there, career highlights and any other experiences they wish to share. Some of these speakers will be promoting the volunteer services which they offer and will outline HOW students can get involved.
Speeches will be followed by "meet and greet" time, where students are encouraged to mingle with guest speakers and ask questions or further discuss the speakers' experiences.
Students are advised to arrive at 5pm for a 6pm start with a large assortment of canapés from 5:30pm. Further canapes will be provided at intermission and beverage service will be available at your own cost.
The Newcastle University Psychology Society is excited to host its second networking event which will be of great value to Psychology students as they progress towards the workforce, research, or further study.
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS FOR THE EVENING ARE:
- Professor Trevor Waring: Conjoint Prof of Psychology (UoN), Clinical Psychologist, Chair of APAC, member of HNELD Health Board, former Chancellor of UoN (the only psychologist in Australia to hold this position in a University) and currently is one of 14 Honorary Fellows of the APS.
- Ben Hainsworth: Australian Managing Psychologist for OPRA Consulting and works across Australia providing account management and consulting expertise for OPRA clients, including the likes of nib, Coca Cola, Rio Tinto and the NSW Government. His passion is for Industrial / Organisational Psychology.
- Dr Simon Dennis: Psychology Head of School (UoN), Research Academic
- Mr Malcolm Smith: Clinical Psychologist, APS Newcastle Branch Chair
- Ms Jocelyn Wake: Clinical Psychologist (specialising in Sex Therapy & Marriage Counselling)
- Dr Amee Baird: Clinical Neuropsychologist, Cognitive Assessment and Rehabilitation, Co-Founder and Director of Newcastle NeuroHealth. Current research includes the use of music in memory rehabilitation for patients with brain injury or disease.
- Jody Kerr: Clinical Psychologist, Manager of Counselling & Psychology Services at Lifeline
- Ms Mary Watson: Clinical Psychologist (specialising in Rural/Indigenous Psychology) accompanied by Jesse Bourke: Current PhD (Clinical Psych) Candidate
Purchase Tickets from HERE:
Current NUPS Member: $25.00
Joining NUPS Member: $27.00
(Currently enrolled psychology students who wish to join NUPS for $2 and buy a member-priced ticket)
The Newcastle University Psychology Society are a student run and operated society that are committed to providing social and professional opportunities and networking experiences to students of The University of Newcastle.
Contact Us HERE:
0423 260 423