Monash LSS Paper Presentation Competition
17 August, 2016
Monash Law Students' Society
The Monash Law Students' Society Paper Presentation Competition provides competitors with the opportunity to submit a piece of original legal research to be reviewed by a panel of judges. The authors of the six best papers will then be invited to present and discuss their paper orally before a panel of judges on 19 September.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
1. Each entrant must submit an original legal research paper that was completed by them for a Monash University Law Unit.
2. Original written entries must have scored at least 70% when originally marked.
3. Original written entries must be between 2000 and 5000 words in length.
4. Competitors must be available to present at the presentation night on 19 September in the event that they are successful
5. All entrants must be willing to have their work distributed to a field of legal professionals for evaluation.
6. The finalist’s oral presentation will not be more than 15 minutes. Penalties may be imposed if competitors go over time. Questions from the judging panel will follow the conclusion of the presentation.
Registration is currently open to JD and LLB students and will close on 28 August. Competitors may register through the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/5fDoNP2Qv1d77dSt1.
Upon registering, students will then be required to submit their paper by email to email@example.com before the close of registration.
We wish all competitors every success and encourage you to contact the competitions team at either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have any questions about the competition.