FMAA Peer Mentor Program
2 March, 2016
Financial Management Association of Australia (FMAA)
Ever felt lost as a first year and wished there was someone there to help you? Or had someone that helped you and made a big difference on your first year? Whether you did or didn’t, FMAA’s Peer Mentor Program is an opportunity for anyone wanting to learn and develop. Mentors are given the opportunity to develop their leadership skills as well as give back to our first year students whilst mentees are provided mentors to help them through their transition into university and setting them up for future years.
The objectives of this program include but are not limited to:
- Helping first year students to learn about career opportunities and the different possible career paths of their courses E.g. First year programs, internships, graduate programs
- Helping first year students transition into university, majors and unit selection and assisting with general administrative tasks
- Provide insight into university co-curricular activities, including student challenges, competitions, leadership programs and other opportunities
- Providing mentors with a leadership role and an opportunity to give back to first year students
Some activities/events that we may be holding include:
- Goal setting
- Resume/Cover letter workshops
- Interview/Assessment centre tips
- Application answers seminars
As a mentor/mentee, you will be expected to organise regular meetings as well as attend events with each other to build a close relationship. (Weekly or fortnightly catch ups are expected unless both parties agree otherwise)
If all of this makes you want to join, then please submit your application in the links below no later than Friday the 11th of March, 5pm. We are looking for both Mentors and Mentees. Applicants will be notified of outcomes on a rolling basis. Please feel free to contact Mel Liu at Mel.Liu@fmaa.com.au with any questions.
Mentees must be a first year university student in their first undergraduate course or your application will not be considered.
Mentee Application form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cpgIu9WNjWRQNaeqwUwjeVBP7Rn2V9kBqINyVvi-znc/viewform?usp=send_form
Mentor Application form: