LSS Negotiation Competition (sponsored by Corrs Chambers Westgarth)
20 April, 2016
Monash Law Students' Society
Law Students Society
The 2016 Negotiation Competition is proudly sponsored by Corrs Chambers Westgarth.
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN.
Ever solved one of your friend’s relationship problems? Do you know how to extort your parents into buying you new clothes? You might want to consider this competition.
The Monash Law Students' Society negotiation competition is designed to target the increasingly common dispute resolution technique of negotiation. The competition is particularly popular as it requires no specific legal knowledge.
How the competition works:
A team of two law students act as solicitors with the task of negotiating against an opposing team of law students. The competing teams each strive to achieve their client’s desired outcome, without making unnecessary or excessive concessions in order to appease the opposing party. Each team is given a set of confidential facts relating to the client that they are representing. This includes their side of the dispute and a list of their demands and restrictions.
Teams are awarded a score for their performance based on the way their clients needs and restrictions were met, their teamwork skills and their level of professionalism. Monash law students from all year levels are encouraged to enter.
What you learn:
Students who participate in this competition learn critical skills in negotiating and how to conduct themselves professionally in a closed-door meeting scenario.
Competition dates for 2016 are as follows:
· Registration opens: 11 April 9AM
· Registration closes: 18 April 5PM
· Round One: Wednesday 20 April beginning at 6:00pm (competition starts at 6:30pm)
· Round Two: Thursday 21 April beginning at 6:00pm (competition starts at 6:30pm)
· Quarter Final: Tuesday 26 April beginning at 6:00pm (competition starts at 6:30pm)
· Semi-Final: Thursday 28 April beginning at 6:00pm (competition starts at 6:30pm)
· Grand Final: Monday 2 May beginning at 6:00pm (competition starts at 6:30pm)
To register for the 2016 Negotiation Competition please go to: http://goo.gl/forms/aQcyIEtyzi
For any further questions please contact the Competitions Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.