ASA - CA Pitch Perfectly Throwdown
9 August, 2016
Lindsay & McKenzie Rooms, Level 3 C10A Campus Hub, Macquarie University
Accounting Students Society
In groups of three, you will be presented with an unseen case study. Your task will be to give a presentation on the solution to the problem identified. The panel of judges will include the Careers Engagement Coordinator at Chartered Accountants ANZ, a CA Representative, an ASA Representative as well as an Industry Representative.
Event Description :
2 minutes to prepare, 3 minutes to pitch. Can you impress our panel of potential employers?
Excellent communication skills, quick thinking and team work are all qualities of a great leader. Pitch Perfectly Throwdown is your opportunity to develop and showcase these talents in front of a panel of potential employers.
This event gives your team the chance to represent your student society and have the chance to win ‘bragging rights’ as the best in the state when it comes to delivering a winning pitch.
How the event works
• Teams are made up of 3 representatives.
• There will be a set of topics/discussion points on the day, which will be selected at random to be a topic to battle out.
• Each group will have 2 minutes to prepare their response to the discussion topic, with 3 minutes to give the pitch. It is required that all three members speak during this 3 minutes. There is no time limit that each member must speak, but it should be a significant contribution (or risk deduction of points for lack of teamwork).
• A 10 point penalty will be incurred for any teams who arrive late on the day.
• The winning teams from the semi-final events will be invited to participate in the final round at the Chartered Accountants ANZ office
The winning team will receive a $50 David Jones voucher and a participating certificate. The winning team will also go into the Grand Finale pitch competition against teams from other universities! Grand Finalists will be pitching their ideas to recruiters from leading organisations within the industry and may be offered a graduate position! The Grand Final prize is a $300 David Jones voucher per participant and a David Jones Personal Shopping Suite.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to build on your communication and problem solving skills and network with like-minded students at Macquarie.
When: Tuesday, 9th August
Time: 12.00pm - 2.00pm
Location: Campus Hub, C10A Level 3, Lindsay and Mckenzie Rooms