MUGA Annual General Meeting
15 March, 2017
Macquarie University Campus Hub
Greek Association (MUGA)
This is to advise of the upcoming Annual General Meeting of the members of the Macquarie University Greek Association (MUGA) at the Lindsay Room, Level 3 Campus Hub Building (C10A) at 3:00pm on Wednesday, 15 March 2017.
The agenda of the meeting is as follows;
• Proposed amendments to the Constitution * ;
• President’s Report;
• Treasurer’s Report;
• Dissolving of the previous General Committee;
• Appointing of the new General Committee; and
• General Business.
The positions for election to the new General Committee are as follows;
• President (who will act as Chair) – who will also act in the Executive Committee;
• Vice-President – who will also act in the Executive Committee;
• Treasurer – who will also act in the Executive Committee;
• Secretary – who will also act in the Executive Committee; and
• Up to 8 other General Committee members.
As per the Constitution;
• No proxy votes will be counted towards the voting of committee members;
• Only members who are Macquarie University students can nominate and vote on committee positions;
• Only members who are Macquarie University students can be nominated to run for committee positions;
• In order for a member to run for the positions of President and Vice-President, that member must have been a committee member for at least 12 months, and;
• To be eligible to vote and run for election, members must have completed registration and paid the membership fee no later than close of business Monday, 13 March 2017.
* Members have been sent the proposed amendments to the Constitution via their student email address. If a member has not received a copy, they may request one by contacting the Executive Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.