DOTS - Annual Guest Speaker Eveni
19 September, 2016
Deakin Waterfront OT Lab - D4.321
Occupational Therapy Geelong
GUEST SPEAKER EVENING - Attention Deakin University Occupational Therapy Students.
This year’s annual Guest Speaker Evening will have a key focus on job application – regarding skills, advice and tips during this process.
Presenting OT’s come from a range of backgrounds including, paediatrics, mental health, private practice & rehab – along with multiple previous Deakin University graduates giving insight into the initial process of graduating and what they did next.
Also covered will be the questions:
• Tell us about your background and how you have got to where you are now?
• Inform us about your field of practice and where it is heading in the future? What are the innovations in this area?
• What skills do you see being key for a new graduate moving into the area of your practice?
• Tell us about an interview process you have been involved with in the past, whether that be as an applicant or other?
• What is the number one mistake you think someone could make when applying for a new job?
Where? D4.321 – OT Lab
When? Monday, 19th September 2016 @ 6pm (Speakers Commence - Please arrive at 5.30pm)
Cost? This is a free event to all Deakin OT students.
Food and refreshments provided. Tea and coffee after event to allow for NETWORKING and extra questions with speakers.
This event has been highly successful previously and we look forward to seeing you there