BUBS: Springbrook National Park Bushwalk
1 October, 2016
Tallanbana Picnic Ground, Springbrook
Bond University Bushwalking Society
Come join the Bond University Bushwalking Society (BUBS) for a scenic 4km return walk along Twin Falls Circuit in Springbrook National Park!
Springbrook National Park is a protected national park located in the Gold Coast hinterland. It was formed by the eruption of a volcano 23 million years ago. Twin Falls Circuit has great scenery – with multiple caves, creeks and waterfalls. This walk takes you through different heights in the forest.
- MEDIUM FITNESS: Class 3*. Sheer cliffs and waterfalls present, important to keep on track to avoid slipping.
- TIME: Approximately 2 hours walking time
- WATER & SNACKS: Bring at least one large water bottle (recommended 1L) and bring snacks as we will be taking short stops.
- MEDICAL CONDITIONS: if you have a pre-existing medical condition (such as asthma, diabetes, anaphylaxis etc) please bring your own medications (such as ventolin, epipen etc). If you normally strap/brace your knees/ankles, please do this in preparation.
- CLOTHING: ensure that you wear sneakers/hiking boots, a hat, and bring an extra layer of clothing as temperature can vary in rainforests due to tree cover
- ATTENDANCE: please only click attending if you are coming, so we know to wait for you.
The plan is to meet at 0900 at the Tallanbana picnic area. The drive takes 45 minutes, and when putting Tallanbana Picnic Area into Google Maps, it comes up with 2731 Gold Coast-Springbrook Road, Springbrook QLD 4213. Please be on time, as we can only wait 10 minutes for late comers as it is unfair for those that arrived on time.
Please let us know if you would like to carpool.
*Class 3 track (Australian Standards)
- Distinct tracks with junctions signposted. Rough track surfaces with some exposed roots and rocks.
- Variable in width. Muddy sections, steep grades and steps may be encountered.
- May be partially overgrown; hazards such as fallen trees and rockfalls may be present.
- Caution needed at creek crossings, cliff edges and naturally occurring lookouts.
- Reasonable level of fitness and ankle-supporting footwear recommended.
Hope to see you there!