Women's Rights in Law
9 March, 2016
BU Asian Law Students' Society
The ALSS is holding an event in week 8, to raise awareness for Women’s Rights through law. During the event we also aim to educate young lawyers about the importance of pro bono to assist vulnerable women achieve justice in society.
This event will be a fundraiser, with all proceeds going to Women’s Legal Service Queensland.
The event will cover the following topics:
* Pro bono work and Women’s legal service
* Racial discrimination and its relationship with women’s rights
* Prosecuting crimes against women and girls before international courts
* And more!
Our expert speakers include:
* Rachael Field: President of Women’s Legal Service
Queensland, Professor at QUT, Women’s activist and Women
in Law of the Year 2013. Specialist in Legal services for
* Narelle Bedford: Human Rights activist, Women’s right activist
and Professor at Bond. Specialist State level mixed
* Clair Duffy: Women’s right activist and Tutor at Bond.
Specialist in International Criminal Law
* Chantal McNaught: Solicitor and Migration Agent at Troy
Migration. Specialist in domestic violence and immigration
When: Wednesday March 09, 2016
Time: 5:30 to 7pm
Where: in Case Study 1 (Law Faculty)
Food and beverages will be served. Please book a ticket for catering purposes.
Hope to see you there!
- ALSS Committee