BUBS 171: Burleigh Heads National Park
18 March, 2017
Burleigh Head National Park
Bond University Bushwalking Society
Join Bond University Bushwalking Society for a scenic and relaxing through Burleigh Heads National Park on the Saturday Week 9 (Saturday 18th March).
Enjoy the scenery of the rainforest and ocean with two tracks - Rainforest circuit (2.3km) and Oceanview Walk (2.4km).
- FITNESS: the climb is mainly flat or gentle slope, with one section of stairs. Suitable for most ages and fitness levels. - WATER: bring at least 1L of water
- SNACKS: bring snacks you can eat on the way since this is a short walk and we will not be stopping for lunch
- MEDICAL CONDITIONS: if you have a pre-existing medical condition (such as asthma, diabetes, anaphylaxis etc) please bring your own medications (such as ventolin, epipen etc). If you normally strap/brace your knees/ankles, please do this in preparation.
- CLOTHING: ensure that you wear sneakers/hiking boots and a hat
- ATTENDANCE: please only click attending if you are coming, so we know to wait for you.
PLAN: Meet at 0900 at the Burleigh Heads National Park entrance sign (15min drive from Bond University). It's recommended to park at Tallebudgera Leisure Centre car park and then walk across the bridge to the entrance sign. The walk will begin with the Rainforest Circuit, and finish with the Oceanview Walk. The should take roughly 1.5 hours depending on how many stops are required. Returning to the entrance sign will conclude the event. Please be on time, as we can only wait 10 minutes for late comers as it is unfair for those that arrived on time.
Look forward to seeing you there!